Monday 8 October 2012

To you, for inspiring me.

     At times, meeting someone new can give you a new perspective on life. It doesn't matter what your state of mind is right then...you suddenly look on the world with new eyes.

        I am not talking about big things or grant events that descend on you with aplomb; It is more of another ordinary day, and you come upon this person.  Of course, inspiration comes in all forms, shapes and sizes. For me, when we met, inspiration just took the form of a person. Ever since, I have found inspiration in other little things. But this chance meeting, it was the beginning...of something. 

        Imagine this: You are stuck in the routine of life. You do today what you did yesterday and it is going to be same things again tomorrow. At times, if you are lucky, you look at the person you are and wonder ' what am I doing' or  'Is this all there is to life?'; if not, you drift through life oblivious to the monotony of life -- nursing a vague discontent, but never going into the root of it. That was the place I was at. My life was 'ok'. I have a job I do well (sort of)  and it pays my bills. I have friends - good friends. Yet, I am drifting through life, and quite unexpectedly

        I meet you...
      "  I never felt alone, till I met you
        I'm alright on my own
        And then I met you
        And I'd know what to do
        If I just knew, what's comin'

        I would change myself if I could
        I walk with my people if I could find them
        And I'd say that I'm sorry to you
       I'm sorry to you

       And I don't wanna call you
      But then I wanna call you....

A strange tumble of unfamiliar emotion, of conflicting, contradicting, tumultuous thoughts defined me. I am me, but yet I find myself wondering who am I.  Amidst all this angst and unwanted strife, I found a piece of me that I didn't know existed. I found the inspiration, the will, the need to accept and be.

'No matter what'- what comes, what goes, what happens, what does not - know this: you inspired me. If only for one moment, you gave me a bit of me. This then is a thank you - one you will never read. Nevertheless, it is here and it remains a silent testimony to my moment of inspiration.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment