Wednesday 14 November 2012

On winter

I am not a winter person. Growing up in a place that knows 'not much' of winter, Delhi is a climate shock. Imagine having to have a whole new wardrobe for the season. You pack away all you pretty summer clothes, and out comes all the bulky (not so sexy) winter wear. With it comes, the laziness:

'Get up at 6?'             
 What sacrilege?! 

 Read (forget study) late into the night?     
 'What?! Are you out of your mind!' 

 And then there is the washing - more clothes to wash, colder water to do the washing with...

So hey, do you wonder that I am not a winter person. Yet, there is something about winter that makes me... moody. I know, I know, such a typical female thing to say. Still it is the closest I can describe what the season does to me.

Early mornings makes me all lazy and kind of sad. Staring out the bus window on my way to work, I see all the fall colors and a sense of harmony permeates my whole being. I watch toddlers skipping off to school, in colorful sweaters, all plump and full of joy; and I feel like I should hop, skip and jump with them. On nights that remind me of someone, I grow a little sad and wish I were home...

No comments:

Post a Comment